March 9, 2020.
Dear Capital Gymnastics Families,
The purpose of this notice is to provide you with information on Capital’s procedures and practices in response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
We are following the recommendations and guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the World Health Organization (WHO), and all State Departments of Health. Our primary goal is to protect our students and families while minimizing any disruption to our classes and teams. In the gym, we are taking appropriate precautions, including but not limited to: following CDC recommendations for cleaning, encouraging the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers, 20-second hand washing, reinforcing proper cough and sneezing etiquette.
CDC Recommendations for Capital are as follows:
- Requesting all visitors to center to clean hands properly upon entering the premises
- Providing hand sanitizers on premises
- Conducting regular wipe downs of high-touch areas several times a day (including door handles, bathroom fixtures, desktops, equipment, etc.)
- Additional sanitizing of all equipment, mats, carpeted areas and the foam pit each night
If necessary, we will close the center in alignment with Fairfax County Public School district practices. In the event that the center will need to close, we will be sending you information on our plan for make-up classes.
Helping to minimize the exposure to the virus requires a committed partnership with you. We would like to highlight the following important reminders to our families and students on everyday preventive actions to help minimize the spread of viruses, including the following recommendations:
Notify the center of any known or suspected influenza and/or COVID-19 exposure in your household.
Keep your child at home if they are exhibiting influenza-like symptoms, including fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath.
If your child is ill, your child cannot return to the center until your child is fever-free without fever-reducing medication for at least a 24-hour period (fever is defined as any temperature above 100.4 F).
Please also reinforce the following preventative actions at home:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then dispose of the tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Thank you for partnering with Capital Gymnastics National Training Center. For additional information regarding COVID-2019 and its impact on children, please refer to the CDC information page as well as the references that I am including here.
- CDC advice: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
- WHO Advice: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
- WHO’s Guidelines for Mass Gatherings: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html
- WHO’s Hand-Washing Steps: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IisgnbMfKvI
Capital Gymnastics National Training Center