WELCOME TO CAPITAL GYMNASTICS NATIONAL TRAINING CENTER – Our goal is to make this experience exciting and memorable for your family. For this to happen, it is important for you and your child to understand the rules and policies. Please take the time to read the following:
During COVID restrictions, the following guidelines are to be followed: Current COVID restrictions are in place for both students and parents. Everyone must wear a mask upon entering the facility. Students will keep their mask on throughout their class. Parents must always wear their mask while in the gym. Please have the mask cover both your mouth and nose. Please have children wash and sanitize their hands BEFORE and AFTER their class.
Parking is now permitted in the front of the gym. There will be two spaces coned off at the exit door. This is where children will wait to be picked up if their parent is not coming inside to pick them up
If parents are driving through to pick up their child in the waiting area, you cannot impede traffic by waiting for your child to exit. If your child is not there, you must circle down to the cul-de-sac, turn around so to keep the line moving. Instruct your child to remain in the coned area until you are there. We highly recommend that younger children NOT wait outside.
1. ARRIVAL – –*Entrance is through the glass doors. Upon arrival, children may stow all belongings in the cubbies. Children wait in the lobby area or on the red section along the cubbies until a coach leads them to the floor for warm up. All classes warm-up together. When warm up finishes, children go to their assigned coach. PRESCHOOL: Please sit on the edge of the mat at the class bar area, which is to your right, before you reach the lobby.
2. DISMISSAL – –Children are dismissed from class at the lobby area. Please instruct your child to go to the office if you or the person designated to pick them up are not at the gym. Children must remain inside the building until you or the person designated to pick them up has arrived. No child has permission to leave the building unless accompanied by an adult. Please be prompt on pickup. Exit door is in the lobby area. *Until construction is completed, you may instruct older children to wait in the coned off areas.
3. ATTIRE / WHAT TO WEAR – – CGNTC requires modest attire for students. For ALL classes. gymnastics and tumbling, female students must wear a leotard. It is optional to wear shorts or leggings over the leotard. Students torso must be covered. NO MIDRIFFS. Male students are to wear athletic shorts and non-baggy t-shirt. (No buttons, buckles, zippers or snaps.) Long hair must be tied back. NO JEWELRY is to be worn. Trampoline classes require socks. Tumbling classes can wear cheer shoes, but not required.
4. NO FOOD, DRINKS, OR GUM IS ALLOWED IN THE WORKOUT AREAS. CGNTC IS A PEANUT FREE FACILITY.
5. MAKE-UPS – As a courtesy, we offer make-up classes for your child to participate in. NO MAKE-UPS OFFERED IN REGULAR CLASS TIMES.
***Class MUST be missed before a make-up can be scheduled. ***If a scheduled make-up is missed, it may not be rescheduled.
Reservations must be made in advance by calling the gym office the week of the desired make-up, as make-ups are scheduled one week at a time. Students have 30 days to do a make-up for a missed class.
If you pro-rated the summer session, NO MAKE-UPS are allowed for any classes missed.
NO MAKE-UPS are needed for our SCHEDULED CLOSINGS as they are built into the schedule.
6. PARENT PORTAL – In the Parent portal, you can see the class your child is enrolled in as well as their coaches name. You can view your account and make payments at your convenience
7. PAYMENT POLICY – – Payment is due upon enrollment which will include the registration fee. You are required to place your credit card on file. Payment is based on an eight week session and will be pro-rated according to the start date of the selected class. The start date is the next available class. Once enrolled, the spot is yours as long as payment is made. Payments for future sessions are due on selected due date in current session for the next session and are listed on the Class & Payment schedule. In the event of a declined charge, a penalty of $10 is automatically applied if payment is not resolved by the 7th class of the current session. Also, in the event of a declined charge, if payment is not resolved by the 8th class in the session, your child’s spot will be forfeited. Any questions, please speak to management immediately. When enrolling, you are placing your credit card on file and agreeing to the terms of our policy for tuition payments. The card will be charged on the FIRST day of the payment due week. TO AVOID CHARGES ON YOUR CARD, YOU MUST NOTIFY THE OFFICE TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE FIRST PAYMENT DUE DATE. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS.
8. INJURIES – If your child incurs an injury OUTSIDE the gym (i.e. at home or school) that prevents them from taking their gymnastics class, we require a Dr.’s note indicating they cannot participate in gymnastics. The note must also include the date of the injury and the length of time of non-participation. You will have the option to withdraw your child from class and have a credit for the remainder of the session OR if you wish to keep their spot, we will give ½ credit of the remaining classes and ½ make ups. If the injury occurs here while in class, monies will be frozen and their spot is reserved for the length of time needed for recovery. A Dr.s note will also be required per our insurance company.
9. DROPS – If your child is planning on discontinuing, please notify the office BEFORE the 7th lesson of the current session. If we do not receive notification, you may be charged for the full session.
10. INCLEMENT WEATHER – If the gym is changing the schedule due to inclement weather, we will inform you of any closings or changes on our phone message system, on our webpage, and if time permits through e-mail. Our phone number is 703.239.0044. Our website is www.capitalgymnasticsntc.com “Like” us on Facebook (Capital Gymnastics National Training Center) to receive updates on gym happenings. NO CREDIT for missed classes due to inclement weather. Make ups will be offered.
11. VALUABLES – CAPITAL GYMNASTICS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS. All valuables should be left at home.
12. REMINDERS – Gymnasts are not to be distracted by parents during practice. You have entrusted us to teach your child. It is important that you do not “coach” your child from the side. Please speak to management or arrange an appointment with the coach if you need to address issues with your child’s class.
13. PARKING – Below are areas for parking at CGNTC.
a. Lower parking lot, which is to the left before you drive up the hill to the gym. There are a set of steps that lead to the road in front of the gym. Please use caution when crossing the road.
b. Upper lots. There are two. One directly in front of the gym and one to the left of the entrance as you are looking at the gym. For the lot directly in front of the gym, please BACK your vehicle into the spots closest to the road.
c. Along the fence across the road from the gym.
d. DO NOT PARK in Halo Fitness Parking lot. Your vehicle will be towed.
14. *NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY* For the safety of all athletes NO flash photography is allowed.
15. ADVANCEMENT TO NEXT LEVEL – If your child advances to the next level, he/she will receive a certificate and/or a “report card” from their instructor. You must bring the certificate or report card to the office to validate they have advanced to the level. You will then choose their new class with office personnel. If there is no room in your desired class, you will be placed on a wait list of your choice. If placed on a wait list, the child continues in their current class/level until you receive a call that a spot is open.